Saturday, April 9, 2011

Windsor-Essex being hit by mysterious rumblings

By Dave Battagello, The Windsor Star April 7, 2011



Ontario’s Environment Ministry is investigating reports of mysterious rumblings in parts of Windsor and Essex County. Here, Sonya Skillings hopes she is not going crazy after hearing mysterious rumbling sounds April 7, 2001. Some of Skillings' neighbours can also hear the dull thumping, a noise similar to thunderous booms from passing jetliners.
Photograph by: Nick Brancaccio, The Windsor Star


Ontario’s Environment Ministry is investigating reports of mysterious rumblings in parts of Windsor and Essex County.

Nine formal complaints have been registered to the local ministry office and there have been numerous telephone inquiries, officials say.

“I feel like I’m going mental,” said Sonya Skillings, a resident in the 3800 block of Poplar Avenue, just east of Windsor Regional Hospital’s Western Campus.

“It’s in the ground and it feels like there is a subway under the house. It happens at all different times — in the middle of the night, as well.”

The ministry has investigated underground blasting by at the Windsor Salt mine, but the company blasts only once a day Monday to Friday in mid-afternoon.

“We just want to know what the noise is,” said Skillings, a married mom to six-year-old and five-month-old boys. “It’s just weird that nobody knows. If it’s not the salt mines, then what is it?”

Ministry of Environment officers have asked homeowners to keep a log in order to help find the source of the rumbling.

The calls about the noise have come from nearly every corner in Windsor and the surrounding area, said Teri Gilbert, issues project co-ordinator for the local Environment Ministry office.

“We have received a number of complaints and it seems widespread,” she said. “Most are from west Windsor, but also Amherstburg, South Windsor and Lakeshore.

5 comments:

  1. I live in Riverside & my son and I have been hearing these rumblings off & on for weeks. Sounds like heavy trucks and/or equipment or shunting trains & sometimes like a passenger jet flying over very low. One night it was so loud it sounded like it was some kind of bass stero music right next to the house. Sure hope they figure it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been hearing this low rumbling sound for months. In fact I commented on it on my facebook page and friends thought I should probably be embarrassed to admit publicly that I was hearing things. It seemed that no one was hearing this sound. Over time I began to think it must be one of the factories in the area burning off some type of product.I am very happy to learn that I am not alone, but its rather unsettling to learn that no one knows what is causing the sounds.

    From my facebook page
    March 4 at 12:33am
    What the hell is that low persistant rumbling sound??? it is getting under my skin cause it is in my head. last night and tonight. maybe its always going on this late at night but i never noticed it before. I hope someone else is hearing it or there is a bigger problem going on here. :-))

    .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right by the bridge too, and I work midnights so I'm up all night on the weekends. i can hear it from like 11pm until--well as I type this it stopped. 7:18am.

    It bothers me a little, but after a while when I've noticed it, I'm like, OMFG STOPPP!!!

    nvm- it just started up again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I live in Mc Gregor, and have been hearing this for over a year now.... I work in Windsor (West End) and its really loud there, Although its getting louder and more persistant here too.

    last couple days its been really loud

    ReplyDelete
  5. my windows vibrate loudly two have even cracked I thought it was just Huron Line but research shows complaints of mysterious rumbling sounds have come up all over the world since the major Earth quake in Japan theres a cover up going on to quiet panic but we should all be demanding the truth (IT SEEMS TO BE LOUDER IN THE WEST AND RIVERSIDE... CLOSEST TO THE RIVER)

    ReplyDelete

Sheeple



The Black Sheep tries to warn its friends with the truth it has seen, unfortunately herd mentality kicks in for the Sheeple, and they run in fear from the black sheep and keep to the safety of their flock.

Having tried to no avail to awaken his peers, the Black Sheep have no other choice but to unite with each other and escape the impending doom.

What color Sheep are you?

.





100627